To support the conduct and implementation of high quality patient-oriented research (POR).
Our Goals & Objectives
Goal 1: Build capacity to conduct and implement high-quality POR in all regions of the province.
- Create opportunities for collaboration on patient-oriented research among patients, providers, researchers and decision makers
- Offer regionally-relevant services and support to teams engaged in patient-oriented research
- Offer patient-oriented research-related training for patients, providers, researchers and decision makers
- Increase the availability and utility of data and related services for patient-oriented research
Goal 2: Increase the quality and impact of patient-oriented research across BC.
- Launch priority projects enabling the study of patient-oriented research
- Facilitate and study two demonstration projects
- Develop and foster improvement of patient-oriented research methods across BC
- Develop a system change management plan in collaboration with BC AHSN
Goal 3: Ensure ongoing support for patient-oriented research in all regions of the province.
- Raise awareness of the importance of, and benefits that come from patient-oriented research
- Develop a BC SUPPORT Unit sustainability plan