Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by September 6, 2021 with the subject line “Administrative Assistant, CTBC Application."
Full-Time Term (to March 31, 2023)
This maternity leave replacement position is expected to be for a term of approximately 18 months. While the majority of your work will be done remotely, you may be required to come into the Vancouver office from time to time as business needs require.
The British Columbia Academic Health Science Network (BC AHSN) connects and catalyzes the province’s collective expertise and resources, bringing together patients, government, health authorities, academic institutions, professional groups and diverse organizations across BC’s research, health care, professional and educational sectors. The processes we are developing and the resources we bring will help BC attain measurable improvement in health and health care. Our vision is for a high performing Learning Health System in which collective learnings drive continuous improvement. BC AHSN consists of three operating units that form the backbone of our organization:
- The BC SUPPORT (Support for People and Patient Oriented Research and Trials) Unit
- Clinical Trials BC
- Research Ethics BC
For more information about each unit, please visit https://bcahsn.ca/our-network.
Are you a highly motivated, detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a high standard for excellence? Do you enjoy a good challenge in a multi-faceted team environment? Our fast paced, dynamic organization is looking to add a new member to our friendly and outgoing team. We have a passion to support high quality patient-oriented research in the province of BC, and work collaboratively to support this mandate.
Reporting to the Director, CTBC, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the smooth day-to-day operations of CTBC. This role will also support Research Ethics BC (REBC) and the BC SUPPORT Unit, as needed, for events, meetings, and special projects. Specifically, the role will entail:
- Ensuring the overall smooth operations of CTBC with respect to administration, in addition to supporting the BC SUPPORT Unit and REBC
- Serving as Secretariat for Unit Team meetings and designated working groups
- Arranging meetings with multiple calendars/invitees to be coordinated (Doodle polls)
- Managing event and meeting logistics including booking meeting rooms, space, and videoconferencing; arranging catering; providing meeting support and registration
- Maintaining an electronic document management system on a shared file system
- Updating and maintaining contact lists and/or contact management system (CRM)
- Taking meeting minutes upon request
- Completing and tracking expense and honorarium requests
- Assisting with developing, drafting, editing, and formatting various documents; e.g. letters, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Filing and organizing paper and electronic documents, such as emails, reports, and other administrative records
- Assisting with data entry and database maintenance
- Supporting events and special projects for other units as needed
- Carrying out other administrative duties as required
This job description outlines the key responsibilities for the role, and is not meant to be exhaustive. Other responsibilities and tasks may be assigned, or may naturally become a part of this role over time.
Our Successful Candidate
As our successful candidate, you demonstrate a standard of excellence, enjoy challenge, and are enthusiastically results-driven and detail oriented. You’re also highly motivated, proactively demonstrate the ability to use your own initiative to both manage your time effectively and navigate changing priorities within a multi-stakeholder health research environment.
In addition, you must have/display:
- Successful completion of Grade 12, supplemented with post-secondary training in office practices and in business computer applications, including word processing
- Meeting, event, and project administration/coordination experience
- Minimum 3 years of recent related experience, or a combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong verbal, written and electronic communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of full Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; advanced skills working in SharePoint and Teams is considered an asset
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Customer service experience, including conflict management and escalation
- Previous experience in health care, public sector, clinical trials/research administration considered an asset
In Return for your Expertise
We are an exceptionally talented team of individuals in a professional yet casual and collaborative culture with high standards and drive. Driven by our mission, we are extremely dedicated to what we do and encourage our employees towards personal leadership, growth and ownership of their roles. We offer competitive rewards and benefits commensurate with your experience for this role.
How to Apply
If you meet our qualifications above and relish the opportunity to collaborate as part of a team to positively impact the health of British Columbians, we want to hear from you.
Please respond with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6, 2021 with the subject line “Administrative Assistant, CTBC Application.”
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed during the application period and short-listed candidates may be contacted prior to September 6, 2021.