To apply for this job please visit islandhealth.hua.hrsmart.com.
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Royal Jubilee Hospital – Victoria, BC V8R 1J8 CA (Primary)
Travel Requirement: No travel required
Shift Start Time/End Time: 0800-1600
Days Off: Weekend/Stats
Vacancy Type: Regular FT
Salary Range (Hourly Rate): $29.84 – $42.89
Bi-weekly Hours: 75
Link to Full Job Description: https://jd.viha.ca/JD4133.pdf
Reporting to the Research Business Manager, the Research Contracts and Accounting Coordinator is responsible for a range of business support activities to the Research Capacity Building Department, including financial and contractual start up activities for individual studies, amendments, as required during study conduct and monitoring, accounts payable/receivable entry and reconciliation of study budgets. This role works closely with the Coordinator, Research Finance, clinical research staff and Island Health’s Contracts Policy and Standards Department in compliance with Island Health and funding agency policies and requirements.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum bachelors degree in a related field (e.g. Research or Health Administration, Finance, Business Administration), and 5 years recent related experience in a research administration or health care environment. Experience in contract development and negotiation and budget development and management in a health research environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Functional experience in the negotiation and management of clinical study budgets and research grants, including knowledge of grant principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial management, including basic accounting principles and practices, preferably in health research administration.
- Experience with computerized accounting and timekeeping systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets in a health research or health care environment.
- Direct experience and knowledge in the development and negotiation of a range of research contracts (including but not limited to clinical trials, research studies, data disclosure, confidentiality and service provision)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work through differences and develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders and team members in a fast–paced environment where efficiency is mandatory.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, analytical and a positive and pro-active approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Excel
- Precise attention to accuracy and detail.
- Capable of adhering to departmental timelines, and shifting priorities as required to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.