Please apply directly to:
Location - Royal Jubilee Hospital - Victoria, BC V8R 1J8 CA (Primary)
Victoria General Hospital - Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5 CA
Multi-Site - Yes
Travel Requirement - Travel between multiple sites may be required
Shift Start Time/End Time - 8:00 am to 16:00 pm
Days Off - Weekend/Stats
Vacancy Type - Temp PT Project
Salary Range (Hourly Rate) - $36.23 - $47.58
FTE - .5
Bi-weekly Hours - 37.5
Planned Start Date - Sep. 1 2021
Approximate End Date (For Temporary Assignments ONLY) - Aug. 31 2023
Pending Return of Incumbent - No
CRC required? (employee will be working with or have access to children or vulnerable adults and requires a Criminal Record Check) - Required for Professional Registration
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reports to the Manager, Research and Academic Development or designate and is accountable to the Principal Investigator for each research trial. In accordance with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives standards for practice, code of ethics and patient care guidelines and the established vision and values of the organization, assesses patients in the clinics for entry into clinical research studies, coordinates clinical research trials in accordance with approved research protocols and ethics guidelines, and acts as a member of an interdisciplinary team conducting research and provided quality patient care. Liaises with internal and external sources to obtain required research approvals, report side effects of research treatment and provides documentation to patients and other health care professionals about the research protocol. Duties also include preparation of study documents such as informed consent documents, ethics submissions, patient screening, collection of study data and specimens, completion of all case report forms and administration of study treatment. Participates in investigator and study coordinator meetings and training sessions. Completes all work according to Food and Drug Association standards, Therapeutic Products Directorate and International Conference on Harmonization - Good Clinical Practice.
**Hours of work are not regularly scheduled but are flexed in accordance with the trial the RN supports.**
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant with three years' acute care experience and two years' experience as a clinical trial coordinator, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice with a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BC College of Nurses and Midwives Standards for nurse researchers.
- Broad knowledge of the physiological and behavioral aspects of complex illnesses.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the shipping and handling of bio-hazardous materials and dangerous goods.
- Broad knowledge of research and clinical research methodology and data presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative method.
- Demonstrated self-direction and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and deal effectively with subjects, and their families, coworkers, physicians, and other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach subjects and their families.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the area.
- Demonstrated computerized software skills in word processing, spreadsheet, databases, presentations and Internet access and ability to operate a computerized subject care information system.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
Link to Full Job Description
Additional information for applicants
This position will focus on psychiatric or related mental health and substance use research studies