Michael Smith Health Research BC
The Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR) and the British Columbia Academic Health Science Network (BC AHSN) have joined forces to create a dynamic and integrated health research organization, Michael Smith Health Research BC, to support the growth and evolution of BC’s vibrant health research system and life sciences sector.
As one organization — and embracing a dual role of “doing” and “influencing” — Michael Smith Health Research BC is in a much stronger position to work with partners and stakeholders to strengthen research capacity across the province, support evidence-informed decision making in health care, increase the competitiveness of our life sciences sector, and maximize the social and economic benefits of health research in BC.
Reporting to the Unit Director, Research Ethics BC, the Project Coordinator supports a variety of ongoing projects and services on a full-time basis. The Project Coordinator will have the opportunity to work with a range of groups and individuals both within Michael Smith Health Research BC, but also with external partners and groups.
- Coordinates document management standards and tracks project documentation.
- Prepares project supporting documentation for evaluation and reporting.
- Engages with other team members, stakeholders, partner delivery organizations and REB staff to foster positive relationships, and to support those individuals in successfully meeting their respective mandates.
- Supports the design, implementation and ongoing administration of systems to plan, track and report on progress towards project goals and objectives.
- Supports planning and development of communications, including workshops, conference calls, project tracking, website and management meetings.
- Develops and communicates meeting material, tracks and reports on action items and deliverables.
- Provides support for maintaining content management system and web-conferencing.
- Supports Unit personnel in executing various elements of the project and operational plans.
- Supports, and/or works with Michael Smith Health Research BC staff as required.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree plus 1 to 3 year(s) experience in a project coordinator, administrative support or related area.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills with the ability to produce documents with accuracy and speed.
- Recent experience in research ethics and knowledge of the BC research community is considered an asset.
- Skills in technology such as audio-video conferencing, collaboration tools, and event organization are considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with program and organization staff, patients, academic communities, health system partners, community partners and the general public.
- Strong organizational, time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to successfully interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and sensitivity with regards to client/stakeholder needs.
- Skills in database and website management.