Apply directly to VCH's job portal:
Work site: Vancouver Stroke Program, VGH and Diamond Health Care Centre
Position: Temporary Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Clinical Stroke Research team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Stroke Research you will:
- Respond in person to the Emergency Dept within 30-40 minutes of a being called to assess subjects for admission into specialized clinical programs.
- Conduct and coordinate subjects assessments from a holistic perspective.
- Conduct education and treatment for specialized groups.
- Act as a resource on the research study for nurses and other health care providers in the hospital and the community.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) with one (1) year experience in clinical trials, or two (2) years acute care experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) Standards for nurse researchers.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the shipping and handling of biohazardous materials and dangerous goods.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology and ethics.
- Broad knowledge of clinical studies methodology and data presentation.
- Demonstrated ability in stroke clinical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative method.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, subjects and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated computerized software skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentations and internet access and ability to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.