***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Job Title: Clinical Research Systems and Process Improvement Specialist
Work Site: 2635 Laurel Street
Status: Temporary Full Time
Start Date: November 2021 to November 2023
Hours: 0830-1630. Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Clinical Research Systems and Process Improvement Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Research Systems and Process Improvement Specialist to join the VCH Research Institute team at 2635 Laurel Street. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Research Systems and Process Improvement Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for the coordination, facilitation and evaluation of activities aimed at raising the standard of clinical research at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) through process and system improvements. In accordance with the vision, values, and strategic priorities of VCH, high quality care is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone.
- Be responsible for the requirement to continuously improve and implement systems that support the conduct of high quality clinical research is inherent in all aspects of this position.
- Be responsible to optimize workflows, improve efficiencies and quality of clinical trials processes.
- Provide a key stewardship role in the adoption, implementation and operation of the Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) at VCH - a provincial platform that that offers functionality for tracking and managing clinical trials activity, including team effort tracking, financial management and study participant scheduling.
- Serve within the VCHRI as the VCH site lead, to collaborate with the British Columbia Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) and Clinical Trials BC to support the implementation of a CTMS at VCH.
- Facilitate adoption, identify, formalize and implement associated best practices for use of the CTMS.
- Provide training on the CTMS.
- Facilitate communication, collaborate and exchange knowledge with users of the CTMS.
- Assist CTMS users in troubleshooting issues.
- Provide project management and supports all phases of the system implementation.
- Work to identify additional platforms and process/system improvements that enable compliant and efficient conduct of clinical research at VCH as well as providing project support for new clinical research projects/initiatives.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience in Clinical Trials.
- Certificate in project management preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with clinical trials administration and project management.
- Understanding of the health care delivery, from a clinician to a research subject, clinician to clinician relationship and from health system operations perspective.
- Sound knowledge of clinical research and clinical trial terminology and methodology, understanding of clinical trials protocols, project management and the ability to communicate with research staff.
- Expertise in the clinical utilization of clinical information systems that support the research community.
- Proven consistent ability to keep up with new technologies as they are introduced to the workplace.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, PowerPoint) and ability to facilitate/troubleshoot sessions using video conferencing platforms (e.g., zoom, skype).
- Excellent interpersonal, management, coordination and communication (verbal and written) skills, including the ability to facilitate, influence, negotiate and persuade others. Customer service focus.
- Strong ability to teach others and demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and instructional design principles.
- Knowledge of database management principles.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and system analysis skills.
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and diplomacy and to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive organizational information.
- Position requires local travel to VCHRI sites within VCH.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.