Analysing data is key to improving health care delivery, and supporting research, business development and innovation in BC.
As an organization, we’re is actively providing leadership and support in the following areas:
- Through the BC SUPPORT Unit, collaborating with the BC Ministry of Health on the development of the Health Data Platform Initiative. This initiative, led by the Ministry, will be a health data sharing environment for the BC health sector to support cross organization research and analytics.
- Further supporting and leveraging the infrastructure being built through the Health Data Platform.
- Developing tools and services that will complement existing access to data services.
- Pursuing strategic projects and use cases that strengthen BC’s ability to generate and use evidence in practice.
- Encouraging and supporting collaboration across geography, disciplines and perspectives to create data-related partnerships to help achieve organizational goals.
- Connecting with relevant national and international initiatives.